« User Develops Mars Add-on for Google Earth | Main | Google Just Bought Makers of SketchUp »

14 de Marzo 2006

Google Earth E-mail Signature

Signature File Using Google EarthThis is an interesting idea: Add an additional link to your E-mail signature which contains a Google Earth signature "card". The "GECard" is a placemark showing your business (home, hobby, or whatever) location, and the description includes the typical details you would include in a signature file. A GEB reader named Reynald Passerini wrote me that he had created a "GE Card generator" (it's in French). By filling out a simple form, you create a GE KML file with your signature automatically. As an example, here is the signature he sent in his message.

There's no reason why you couldn't have a more extensive signature KML file which contains all kinds of information. If you have a business you could contain information and pictures about your products with links to more information. You could have other placemarks showing where your products are made, where your products are being used, or customer endorsements. For your personal signature you could create placemarks related to your favorite hobbies, favorite Google Earth files, the possibilities are endless. What a great idea!

Enviado por FrankTaylor at 14 de Marzo 2006 a las 08:47 AM

• Google Earth Blog © 2005, 2006, 2007 Copyright de Frank Taylor. Todos los Derechos Reservados.
  • Todas las imágenes de Google Earth capturadas de pantalla son Copyright de Google

• Comentarios

I also think this is a great idea. Thank you for sharing this information with us.

Enviado por: Harry Chen at 14 de Marzo 2006 a las 11:38 AM

Latitude and Longitude settings are off. Put me in the north artic. I live in So. California

Enviado por: Gandalfthegrey at 20 de Marzo 2006 a las 09:14 PM

Are you sure you filled the form correctly? The form has Longitude first, then Latitude (which threw me off at first). Also, make sure you use a "-" sign for Longitude (for West longitude coordinates).

Enviado por: Frank Taylor at 20 de Marzo 2006 a las 09:26 PM

Nice idea and easy to use, but I have little idea as to how to use what is sent. How do I put code into MS Outlook as part of my signature? Does anyone know?

Enviado por: Matthew at 23 de Marzo 2006 a las 02:03 PM

Great way to pinpoint far away family members. However I disagree where you have placed Smiggens Hole in Austarlia. It is a ski resort adjacent to Perisher Valley. Can you please check and correct.

Enviado por: Irene Langham at 2 de Agosto 2006 a las 02:24 AM

Hi, thanks for comments. I just made some updates.
    First an english version of the generator (hum... OK some language not so far from english!)

And I have changed latitude/longitude order, I agree it was really confusing.

I see that it would be nice to have some detailed examples how to use these links... will prepare something.

Enviado por: Reynald at 22 de Agosto 2006 a las 01:27 PM

Enviado por: TheSurana at 31 de Agosto 2006 a las 12:52 AM

this may be off point but i would like to know why google earth does not have a full satelite shot of any area in my location

my location is LAGOS, NIGERIA

Enviado por: Owolabi at 30 de Marzo 2007 a las 01:20 AM

The Whitworth Inn is placed incorrectly on the Google Earth. How do I know this? because I live right across from it. It is placed near Paradise Point road when it should be placed across from Lake Run Dr.

In Flowery Branch, GA

Enviado por: Avery Beth at 4 de Junio 2007 a las 05:36 PM

Why are the pictures out of focus, even at 800 feet. How3 can this be corrected?

Enviado por: Anthony123 at 5 de Junio 2007 a las 08:30 PM

Envíe un Comentario:

NOTA: Use español o Inglés. Los Comentarios son revisados previa publicación.

Recordarme?