3 de Enero 2006
Globe Glider - Integrated Maps within Google Earth
Every once in a while, someone does something truly groundbreaking with Google Earth. Globe Glider is an awesome new application which integrates web mapping within Google Earth. The application is used within Google Earth as a network link. When you install the application, you must have IE 6 installed (sorry Mac users), and you must enable scripting for it to work. You also need the most recent version of GE. This is all explained in the simple three-step installation instructions at globeglider.net.
Globe Glider allows you to:
- See an interactive Google Maps within GE, the map can be zoomed using the scroll-wheel on your mouse just like GE
- Search for locations, click on links to nearby cities, or click on the map or GE for a new location
- When you move to a new location, the map and GE re-align themselves
- Globe Glider lets you get more information on a new location from several sources: Answers.com, GeoURL, a custom Guide, or Hotels
- You can save Favorite locations
- You can also create overlay maps for the current view using either Topo maps, or Google Maps
The author, called 'BernhardMuc', posted an announcement at the Google Earth Community, but I first heard about this at OgleEarth. This is the type of integration with Google Maps I expect we will be seeing in the future from Google themselves. In the meantime, make Globe Glider a part of My Places in your Google Earth.
[This story picked up and mentioned at GoogleMapsMania.]
Enviado por FrankTaylor at 3 de Enero 2006 a las 09:13 AM
Enviado por: eric at 11 de Enero 2006 a las 11:26 AM
Enviado por: Frank Taylor at 11 de Enero 2006 a las 12:46 PM
Enviado por: heather bliss at 11 de Enero 2006 a las 03:05 PM
Enviado por: Ed Muesch at 6 de Febrero 2007 a las 03:43 PM
Enviado por: Ed Muesch at 6 de Febrero 2007 a las 03:44 PM
Envíe un Comentario:
NOTA: Use español o Inglés. Los Comentarios son revisados previa publicación.