3 de Noviembre 2005
Setting Up Google Earth Options
[NOTE: These notes were written for GE 3, the new GE 4 has slightly different options.]
If you click on the "Google Earth Tips" category you'll find a collection of stories I've written which contain tips on improving your experience with Google Earth. This entry provides some tips on optimizing Google Earth options to improve your experience.
To get to the options, select the menu "Tools" -> "Options". This opens a window of options with the following panes: View, Cache, Control, Navigation, Preferences.
Here are my recommendations...
Here are my recommendations for each pane:
- Set Detail Area->Large if you have a decent graphics card - this will greatly improve visual detail if you run at higher screen resolutions as more of your window will be in full detail. Better for taking screenshots as well.
- Try adjusting your fonts so the labels are readable, but not distracting while browsing in GE.
- If you use Google Earth to look at mountains, try setting Elevation Exaggeration to 1.5 or higher. This makes the 3D terrain have exaggerrated heights. A setting of 2.0 would be twice as high. NOTE: the "terrain" layer must be selected to see 3D terrain.
- Set your memory cache as large as you can (depends on your system) - if you have 1GB of memory, you may be able to set this to 350. More memory means it will be able to load more overlays, placemarks, etc. without slowing down.
- If you can afford the disk space, set your disk space cache to 2000 MB (2GB) - this will mean less downloading when viewing the same locations. Also, you can use GE offline better.
- Set the speed of Fly-to/Tour to a faster speed if you use GE a lot
- The advanced setting gives you more control over speeds and camera angle
- I suggest you adjust the Overview Map size to what works for your screen size (tip: use Control-M to bring up Overview Map in GE)
- Click "Show web results in external broswer" if you want to use an external browser
I hope this information helps. If you have other tips, please leave a comment here.
Enviado por FrankTaylor at 3 de Noviembre 2005 a las 08:31 AM
Enviado por: barts at 3 de Noviembre 2005 a las 01:18 PM
Enviado por: Frank Taylor at 8 de Noviembre 2005 a las 10:25 PM
Enviado por: Bob at 6 de Diciembre 2005 a las 10:43 AM
Enviado por: Terry Pinnell at 17 de Febrero 2006 a las 08:10 AM
Enviado por: Frank Taylor at 17 de Febrero 2006 a las 09:46 AM
Enviado por: Celebrilla at 5 de Agosto 2006 a las 09:25 AM
Enviado por: Janet at 16 de Agosto 2006 a las 06:41 PM
Enviado por: charly at 18 de Marzo 2007 a las 08:28 AM
Enviado por: Kobain at 12 de Junio 2007 a las 07:46 AM
Envíe un Comentario:
NOTA: Use español o Inglés. Los Comentarios son revisados previa publicación.