4 de Noviembre 2005
New Version of Google Earth (3.0.0739)
[Editied: 05 November, 2005 14:22 EST]
This version seems largely focused on improvements to the Google Earth Community Layer to allow more control over the number of placemarks viewed at once.
(NOTE: there also was an update to the Layers database (which all versions of GE will see) which changed the name of the "Keyhole BBS Layer" to "Google Earth Community" Layer, updated the DG layers, and added the Education sub-layer (to the GEC layer).)
A new version of Google Earth has just been put up. Download it at earth.google.com. There is no documentation on the differences available yet. It is interesting they've come out with a new update only 2 weeks after the last update. The biggest change I've noticed is with the Community Layer (see below). I suspect we'll see a new database update soon (which is overdue). Here's what I've noticed has changed with the new version so far (I will add updates as I figure them out):
- Improved description bubbles - a new cleaner look. Seems faster when images are loaded as well.
- New Education sub-layer in the Google Earth Community layer
- When the GEC Layer is turned on it uses a level of detail trick where only a few of the placemarks are shown until you get closer more appear, then even closer you see dense patches of placemarks. Apparently at a higher (above ground) level the fewer placemarks you see are ones which have been reviewed for quality. Then, when you zoom in further you get more placemarks. Interesting!
- An additional layer (near the bottom of the list) called "Google Earth Community (unranked) contains the bulk of the posted placemarks which have yet to be "approved" as good quality posts.
- They have fixed a bug with description bubbles when large images were loaded (they were clipped horizontally).
- The layer which was called "User Submitted Layers" is now "Community Showcase", but no new data - yet.
Enviado por FrankTaylor at 4 de Noviembre 2005 a las 11:43 PM
Enviado por: TJ at 6 de Noviembre 2005 a las 10:34 AM
Enviado por: Dewey Radabaugh at 13 de Febrero 2006 a las 01:18 PM
Enviado por: alsaeed at 6 de Noviembre 2006 a las 05:22 AM
Envíe un Comentario:
NOTA: Use español o Inglés. Los Comentarios son revisados previa publicación.